Tuesday I presented MoDisco during two EclipseCon sessions at Santa-Clara:
- the Eclipse Modeling Project Runway, a five minutes commented screencast with nine other modeling project committers
- the talk How to Deal With Your IT Legacy with Hugo Brunelière of INRIA-AtlanMod.
We decided this year to illustrate MoDisco with a example based on JUnit :
- reverse-engineering of source code containing JUnit tests (we took draw2d as a sample)
- creation of a fine-grained EMF model describing the source code
- definition of an extension (Facet) to find the JUnit Test suites, Test cases and Tests contained within the code
- colorization (UICustom) of the packages, classes and methods to be tested, depending on how many tests are defined for them
- transformation of the EMF model and regeneration of the source code to migrate from JUnit3 to JUnit4
The slides are available here.
I will blog soon to give more details about this JUnit use-case.